As a current customer of DGK Insurance and Financial Services, hereafter referred to as DGK, we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
II. Information we collect and the means used to collect:
DGK collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. DGK collects this necessary information from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as MVR and CLUE Reports. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
• Information about our clients’ transactions with us. This information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment history.
• Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency. This information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record and insurance score report.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, DGK may use the following means of communication; written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
III. How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties as permitted or required by law. For example, the following reasons:
• Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients. Such usual and customary services or processes provided by DGK to its customers include but are not limited to underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement, and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
• Information that is necessary to resolve client inquiries.
• Information that is required by individuals or entities that are assessing our legal compliance.
• Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, or claims.
IV. How we share client information with affiliated parties: We do not share client information with any affiliate.
V. Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your information. These safeguards include but are not limited to the following:
• We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to only those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the client.
• We use a secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communications.
VI. Notification of Your Rights to “OPT OUT” of Certain Disclosures
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may “opt out” of those disclosures; that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than those disclosures that are expressly permitted by law). If you wish to “opt out” of such disclosures to non-affiliated third parties, you may call us toll-free at 1-800-242-4337 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.